May 14, 2011

The Great Shoe Purge

I am a major shoe horse – or at least I used to be. Years ago, I discovered what shoes could do for an outfit. The right pair of shoes can make an outfit shine. So, I started collecting shoes, buying them at the end of season clearance sales. I bought shoes specifically for certain outfits and shoes that would go with most of my wardrobe. One pair of black shoes wouldn’t do. I needed a dressy pair, super casual pair, clogs, flats, etc. I’m sure some of you can relate, no? I ended up with so many shoes that I had to change them out each season.
I finally decided that enough was enough! I got to the point where I was only wearing certain pairs, and many others were looking ragged.
I packed two garbage bags full of shoes to give away—a total of 17 pairs. I don’t think I ever wore the lime green heels and wore the white mules maybe once.
shoes-1
I’m so proud of myself! However, I still have 30-40 pairs left, and I’m not ready to part with any of those yet!

Linking up with:


IHeart Organizing

1 comment:

  1. For those of you who dont know my Partner, this was a MAJOR step for her. 8-)
    Way to go Baby! I love you. *kiss

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs